Full Citation: USAID. (2005). The Safe Schools Program Jamaica Assessment Report. Washington, DC: USAID
Overview: This report provides an assessment of school-related gender-based violence (SRGBV) in Jamaica, conducted by the Washington, D.C.-based Safe Schools Program (SSP). The purpose of the Safe Schools Program is to create gender safe environments for all girls and boys that promote gender-equitable relationships and reduce SRGBV, resulting in improved educational outcomes and reduced negative health outcomes. The overall objectives were to:
- Assess existing programs for their capacity to address SRGBV;
- Understand the nature of SRGBV in Jamaica; and
- Identify individuals and organizations from the key informant interviews to serve as local partners.
- Types of gender-based violence;
- Issues and gaps;
- Promising programs and organizations;