Accelerated Learning Program (ALP) Education Specialist, Education Performance Evaluation, Liberia
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
In Liberia, SI implements the Liberia Strategic Analysis (LSA) activity which provides USAID/Liberia with analytical and advisory services in support of strategic planning, project and activity design, performance monitoring and evaluation, and learning and adapting. LSA’s services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health, education, the environment, and economic growth.
USAID/Liberia has engaged LSA to conduct an external midterm Performance Evaluation of a basic education intervention. The activity aims to increase access to education for approximately 48,000 out-of-school children ages 8 to 15 in targeted 6 counties of Liberia. The purpose of this evaluation is to provide an independent and in-depth examination of the overall progress of the activity in Liberia. The evaluation will measure results, examine avenues for sustainability, and identify best practices for the remaining implementation period. The Mission will use findings from the evaluation to not only improve performance in the remaining implementation period but also to inform more strategic USAID investment in the sector in the future.
The estimated start date will be June 3 through August 2019. The estimated LOE will be 41 days.
Deadline for applications: March 29, 2019
SI is seeking an ALP Education Specialist who will be supporting the evaluation team. The Specialist will be working alongside three team members: a team leader, technical context specialist, and evaluation specialist.
- Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Provide technical expertise on ALP and in-school settings and support the Team Leader’s efforts in evaluation design, methodology, and data collection instruments.
- Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Provide ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Support the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID/Liberia.
- Write assigned sections of the draft evaluation report in coordination with team members, taking into consideration feedback from the preliminary findings presentation.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
- Must have at least eight years of experience working with education interventions for out-of-school children in developing countries, preferably in West Africa.
- Must have experience guiding ALP regulatory frameworks, curriculum development, teacher training, and safe learning environments.
- Should have previous experience conducting mixed-method evaluations in West Africa.
- Must hold an advanced degree in Educational Research, Statistics, or related field.
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and procedures is desirable.
- Must be able to conduct interviews and focus group discussions and analyze the resulting data.
- Must have exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply directly via our website – https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=2556
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.