Dexis Consulting Group is seeking a School-Based Violence Prevention (SBVP) Specialist / Team Leader to work under the Monitoring and Evaluation Support for Collaborative Learning and Adapting (MESCLA) contract with USAID/Honduras. This is a short-term consultancy position with both remote and field-based (Tegucigalpa, Honduras) work, with an estimated 46 days of level of effort. The estimated timeline for this consultancy is October 1, 2018 – November 30, 2018.
USAID/MESCLA is planning to conduct a rapid assessment to address the effectiveness of USAID/Honduras’ School-based Violence Prevention Activity (SBVPA) to improve schools’ ability to reduce and respond to school-based violence in high-crime urban areas. The assessment will review whether the SVBPA’s model is appropriate for increasing resilience at school and system level. The assessment will also provide stakeholders with evidence and recommendations to improve the SBVP model for existing and future school cohorts, as well as the feasibility of transfer the model to local entities. The SBVP Specialist/Team Leader will work together with a local Education Evaluation Specialist to answer the following questions:
* What seem to be working or not working to improve schools’ ability to reduce and respond to SBV and create a safe school environment? What are the strengths and limits of the SBVPA model, and how can it be made more effective?
* Does SBVPA’s model appear likely to promote a sustainable resilience model for the education system and individuals?
To answer these and related questions, the SBVP Specialist/Team Leader will review relevant documentation, conduct key informant interviews, lead focus group discussions, and provide subject matter expertise and team leadership to ensure that the rapid assessment is achieved in a timely fashion
- Lead the Assessment Team following relevant Automated Directives System (ADS) guidelines
- Assure the quality of deliverables, data collection, analysis, reports and presentations to USAID
- Review and adjust, if required, the proposed methodology for answering the Learning Questions
- Design and lead the implementation of a detailed Assessment Methodology and Work Plan
- Lead the design of the Key Informant Interview Guides and Focus Group Discussion Guides
- Lead and participate in the document review including relevant SBVPA documents such as the Annual
- Operating Plan, ME&L Plan, Quarterly Reports, diagnostic documents
- Lead and participate in the data collection process, visiting schools to get the direct inputs from
- stakeholders jointly with the Local Education Expert to assure the fidelity and quality of information
- Work jointly with the Local Education Expert to analyze data, prepare draft and final reports and a presentation of preliminary findings
- Lead the meetings with USAID and the stakeholders jointly with the MESCLA team
- Draft the final report according to the ADS guidelines and format to be provided by MESCLA
- Present a whole report for USAID with the key findings answering the Learning Questions and include a set of key recommendations using the Evaluations Reports ADS Guidelines.
- Write and submit a Top Line Report for a briefing paper
- Prepare a Power Point presentation of preliminary findings and present to USAID and other stakeholders
- Advanced Degree in Education (or any other related social science)
- At least ten (10) years of experience in Education Sector focused on violence prevention programs or school-based violence model preferably in Latin American countries
- Five (5) years of working as an Evaluation Team
- Experience in data collection and analysis (qualitative research)
- Desirable knowledge of Honduras context or a similar context is preferred
- Fluency in English is preferred. Working knowledge of Spanish is required; fluency in Spanish preferred
- Excellent writing and communication ability
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
To apply, please visit https://careers-dexisonline.icims.com/jobs/1559/school-based-violence-prevention-%28sbvp%29-specialist—team-leader/job?mobile=false&width=1393&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240.